Friday, January 3, 2014

Our Strengths

  


TONI ASKS, "WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS?  WHAT THINGS ARE YOU GOOD AT?"

As I wrote in my other post today, making plans and checklists is one of my strengths.  If you need something planned, I'm your gal.  The goals for 2014 I wrote about yesterday?  I'm working on whittling those down into 90-day, weekly and daily steps.  2014 is going to be a GREAT year!  WOOHOO! :O)

Another strength I have is empathy.  I listen well and help people see alternate strategies when they are stuck.  We all need a second set of eyes, or ears, or ??? every once in a while.  Maybe we're too close to a situation.  Maybe we're too far away.  Need a second opinion on a goal or plan?  I'd LOVE to help!

A third strength I have is endurance.  Once my course is set, there's not a lot that can turn me aside.  This is not to say I may not change my mind.  I like to think I give fair hearing to the opinions of friends, family, co-workers, etc., even when they differ from mine.  That is a valuable attribute when the road before you is not clear.  

I have a favor to ask.  Could you list one or more of your strengths in the comments?  Let's see if we can gather us a village to help raise our goals!

2 comments:

  1. Empathy is definitely something I need to work on. A few months ago, I found myself disdainfully looking at someone doing something really bizarre (they were clearly not all there). When I found myself doing this, I chided myself and thought of looking at things from their perspective, to think of why they became that way, and next thing I knew I was crying. =/

    Still, I find it hard to be empathic to stupid drivers. I just get angry... ooops.

    And yes, you're right, 2014 is going to be a GREAT year! It's totally ours hun! :D

    I know I've already written my strengths in my post, but I'll add one as you asked: I'm loyal to my friends. Not sure how that's going to help with our goals, but hey, it's a strength :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL* Oh, Toni, that takes me back to the day I got my learner's permit and was driving around with my mother. Apparently I let loose with some words that I rarely used in front of her and she reminded me, "You know, they are all children of God." Of course, that was a number of years ago.

    We are all works in progress. :O)

    ReplyDelete