Friday, January 31, 2014

Have a Fantastic Rest of the Year!

   


TONI SAYS, "HERE'S TO A FANTASTIC REST OF THE YEAR!  WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED THIS MONTH?  WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR?

I want to say, "thank you" to Toni at One Chocolate Box for coming up with "The New Year Project" and inviting me (and the blogosphere) to join in the ride.  What a great opportunity to stretch the resolutions of one day out over a whole month.  If you are looking to create a new habit, a month is a perfect amount of time to solidify that in your practice.

I have joined many, many month-long blog projects.  Until this month, I have only completed it one time.  So I'm feeling pretty dang pleased with myself.  Not only have I completed The New Year's Project, but also my first NaBloPoMo and Jeff Goin's 500 Words a Day Challenge.  I might be pretty hard to deal with the next couple of days, cause I'm feeling pretty good about myself!

My studies are also going much better than last semester, so I'm very, very happy about that.  We filed our taxes today, and they were 'accepted' by the IRS, so our return should be coming next week and I am OVER THE MOON about that one!  Party at my house just as soon as our temps here in Kentucky get to be higher than those in Alaska.  

For the rest of the year?  Wow...there are so many options.

  1. I will finish a short e-book to use as a giveaway on my blog.
  2. I will participate in and complete NaNoWriMo.
  3. We will fine-tune our family budget.
  4. We will increase the variety in our garden and maybe add some animals.
  5. I will increase the amount of book-related posts on my blog (reviews, interviews, guest posts, etc)
Well, that ought to keep me out of trouble...for a while! ;)

What are you working on for the year?  Maybe someone else is working on the same thing and you can help each other out!




2 comments:

  1. I need to get my taxes done as a return would be so very nice! Glad everything is going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Kate. Our taxes were submitted to and accepted by the IRS on Jan 31st and we're STILL waiting. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete