Friday, January 24, 2014

On Your Marks

Biannual Blogathon Bash 


The January edition of the Biannual Blogathon Bash has begun!

Wait a minute.  What is that, you may ask?

#blogathon2 is a weekend of whipping you blog into shape so it can go out into the blogosphere better, stronger, faster!  If you don't have the tools, you can find out about them by clicking the button above.  If you don't have the know-how, come meet people who do (and like to share)!

Over the course of 72 hours, hundreds of bloggers will be working on their blogs.  Some posts will undoubtedly be written (that's one of the things on my list), but a lot of things that are less regular to the craft will be seen to as well (IMO, this is where the mini-challenges, etc, come into play).  

For my own personal situation, there is a mini-challenge about page rank, something I do not understand at all.  Now's my chance to learn!

Come take your blog to the next level!

My list of goals for this weekend:

1.  Back up my blog.  DONE! 
2.  Plan and schedule in- and outbound guest posts for the rest of the year.  IN PROCESS. 
3.  Reassess (and reactivate?) my Mental Health Mondays meme. 
4.  Plan some sort of blogging/reading event later in the year. 
5.  Finish an e-book for giveaway. 
6.  Publish 3 book reviews. 
7.  Read that 2nd writing prompts book. 
8.  Finish as many mini-challenges as possible.

The Mini-Challenges:


I had done something like this one before, but when I used it as a link up image, the name got cut off at the beginning and end, so I thought I would re-do the image.

2.  5 Tips to Organizing your blogging when you work outside the home (NYA). 

I'll make updates to this list as the goals and challenges go in-process and are completed.

Please leave a comment whether or not you are participating in the bash, so I can visit your blog!  Thanks so much vor visiting my Back Porch! :O)

7 comments:

  1. This is the first I've heard of a blogathon. I don't know if I can participate, but I know its something I need! I'm your newest follower, and I'd love to have you come visit me at True Hope and a Future: www.lisalewiskoster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, thanks for the comment and follow! I did my first blogathon last year, totally spaced the summer one and only signed up a couple of days ago. I had the site pinned to my tool bar for months going back and going over things again. I suppose you /could/ cover everything in one weekend...if you lived alone, were independently wealthy and did not need to sleep. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear LuAnn,

    You have been SUCH a source of inspiration this year!
    Best of luck during the blogathon - I just got my post up so hopefully we can be an encouragement to one another! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there-finding your blog from one of the mini challenges. I am following now. I am going to "borrow" you challenge counter idea for my reading blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ramona - You GO girl!

    @Naila - Cool. I found it on someone else's blog (who found it on someone else's blog, and I've already passed it along once, so you're in GREAT company! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck and have fun with the Blogathon.

    ReplyDelete