Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Because I'm Worth It

   


TONI ASKS, "WHAT ARE THE THINGS YOU DO TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF?"


  1. Take my two medications for my blood pressure daily.
  2. Take my anti-depressant pill daily
  3. Write in my blog.
  4. Write creatively for pleasure.
  5. Make polymer clay beads and crafts.
  6. Hug my family.
  7. Self-advocate.  (And here I really need to give a shout-out, thumbs-up etc etc to the staff in the admissions office at SCC and the school counselor for going above and beyond this week to help me get registered on time.)
  8. Affirmations.
  9. Express gratitude to others.
  10. Read good books.



2 comments:

  1. You go girl! :D

    And is there a secret to polymer beads? I've been looking for a plain necklace and just can't seem to find the colours I want! Do you just shape them, stick holes in them and chuck them in an oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's basically it, Toni. But they say if you don't have one of those little "bead ovens" that you should make a foil tent over the beads while they are baking. Michael's/Hobby Lobby generally has a pretty good selection of colors and tools. There are also gobs of online sources.

    ReplyDelete