Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Goals


Time Devoted to Reading 

I plan on reading at least four hours per day, each day of the challenge.  This is about 4 hours more per day than I have read for years (before I discovered reading challenges last year). My Goals I'd love to do a book a day, but to keep up that pace, the majority of the books had better be fiction.  Non-fiction for me, especially inspirational or "how-to" books seem to take me longer; I want to 'follow the program, as well as read the words.

Books to Read



This is the book I am reading now.  I want to finish it.  It is part of the following reading challenges I am in this year:  Alphabet Soup, ARC, 52 Books in 52 Weeks.  

This is the first 'new one' I'd like to tackle.  My family's eating has gotten terribly 'samey' of late.  This book is part of the following reading challenges I am in this year:  Foodies Read 2014, Mount TBR (this one has been on my shelf since January 17th of last year, and 50/50.


This is part of the following 2014 reading challenges for me:  "Just for Fun", "2014 TBR Pile", and "Nonfiction Reading Challenge".


(Don't know why the title did not show through.)  This is "Seven Gifts from Seven Dogs" by Karen Snow.  I am using it for the following reading challenges:  "What an Anmal VII", "NetGalley", and "Mad Reviewer".



This one has been on my shelf for a while (February 13th of last year), so it is going on my "Mount TBR" reading challenge, as well as these others:  "The Romance Reading Challenge" and "E-book Reading Challenge".

I haven't put anything on my "Where are You Reading" challenge for this year yet, so I figured I better get going.  I'm guessing I can use this for the "Texas" entry.  Ditto the "2014 Book Bingo Reading Challenge".  It will also fit nicely into the "Southern Literature Reading Challenge".



I actually read the first book in this series, "The Long Quiche Goodbye" last year.  I had won a copy of the paperback from a blog giveaway and have always wanted to get the other books in the series.  It will be part of my "Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge", as well as part of  my "Finish the Series Reading Challenge" (along with the other 3 books of the series).  I'll put it in my "Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge".


Updates

Monday 1/6
Number of books read today: 2
Total # books read: 2
Challenges:  Book Buying Spree Mini-Challenge at Bookish Comforts blog; Mad Libs Mini-Challenge at Cheap Thrills blog

Tuesday 1/7
Number of books read today:  3
Total # books read:  5
Challenges:  Reading Tactics List Mini-Challenge at Sarah Says Read; Audio Book Cast Mini-Challenge by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog

Wednesday 1/8
Number of books read today: (in process)
Total # books read:  5
Books:

Thursday 1/9
Number of books read today:  1
Total # books read:  6

Friday 1/10
Number of books read today:
Total # books read:
Books:

Saturday 1/11
Number of books read today:
Total # books read:
Books:

Sunday 1/12
Number of books read today:
Total # books read:
Books:

Monday
Number of books read today:
Total # books read:
Books:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my bout of books post. You have quite a few reading challenges that I hope you are able to complete. I hope bout of books gives you the necessary boost to get those challenges started. I have just finished my first book of the week and I read most of it today.

    ReplyDelete