Wednesday, April 30, 2014

#AtoZChallenge - Zealous Proverbs 31



Zealous - ardently active, devoted or diligent; enthusiastic, eager, fervent, intense, passionate, warm.

15.  She riseth while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

You have to believe in what you are doing.  Anything worth your time is worth a bit of sacrifice - getting up early, giving up time-wasters.  Nothing on this earth, however, is worth losing yourself to gain.  It's a matter of degree.

These days, I think people hear "zealous" and hear "zealot", with all it's negative implications.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  To me, a zealot is self-centered, while a zealous person cares passionately about something other than him- or herself.

18.  She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

Being zealous is going outside our comfort zone for a reason, sacrificing of our time or resources for a cause.  When we find our purpose, or dharma, it resonates inside and out; it feels 'right'.  We feel excited about our new adventure.  When we are "in the zone", we can stay up late and it does not tire us.  What a great way to live!

Well....it's the end of another Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  What a rush!  I hope y'all enjoyed yourselves!

One last question...what makes your heart sing?

~~~oOo~~~

(thanks to Jeremy @ Being Retro for the original button design, to dictionary.com for the definitions, and to picmonkey.com for the ability to customize the graphics.)

5 comments:

  1. The fact that we all have aced this A to Z challenge, the fact that we made some fabulous connections this April... these are a few things that makes my heart sing today!
    It was fabulous meeting you, LuAnn and I am sure we will stay connected even when the challenge is over!! :)
    Cheers and ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach/ocean, a river, a friend, a rainstorm, a child's smile, thoughtful words put to page, a hug...pretty much anything that moves me on my journey. congrats on completing another AtoZ challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to explain the difference between the two.
    What makes my heart sing? My music, my wife, and my Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family - husband, kids, grandkids - are what makes my heart sing. :) Congratulations on making it all the way through the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. The vast majority of people tend to focus on the negative nowadays. Why can't people focus on the positive aspects of everything? It would make living in this world a whole lot more tolerable! :)

    Thanks for sharing your A to Z posts and congrats on making it all the way through!

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Be Positive in Life and Writing
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete