Wednesday, April 23, 2014

#AtoZChallenge - Trustworthiness and Proverbs 31


Trustworthy - deserving of trust or confidence; dependable; reliable

11.  The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

Trust is an extremely important characteristic of relationship, no matter if they are in marriage, family, friendships, businesses, and others.  To be considered worthy of someone's trust is just about the highest compliment they could give you.  In my opinion, one measure of trustworthiness in marriage is that you do not seek physical or emotional intimacy outside of that relationship.  In a business setting, it could mean that when you accept an assignment, that assignment will be completed satisfactorily and on time.

27.  She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

In the setting and Proverbs 31, and in many cultures today, the household is the purview of the woman or wife.  (Please note I am making no judgment whether it looks that way in your family or not.)  When I was growing up, my father worked as a PhD in Chemical Engineering to provide the means for our family to thrive.  My mother stayed home and kept the household running smoothly by cooking, cleaning and the like.  He provided the 'investment' and she managed the same; neither would last without the other.  Both my mother and father trusted the other to fulfill their part of the agreement, and trustworthily fulfilled their own duties.

~~~oOo~~~

(thanks to Jeremy @ Being Retro for the original button design, to dictionary.com for the definitions, and to picmonkey.com for the ability to customize the graphics.)

6 comments:

  1. Proverbs 31 is one of my very favorite passages. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, Rhonda! At one point I had it memorized, but it has slipped away. Maybe that can be my project for May! :O)

      Delete
  2. Trusting each other in the home is imperative. I don't believe it really matters on "specific" roles that must be played by husband and wife. The roles the relationship defines as important need to be fulfilled, regardless who does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trusting each other in the home is imperative. I don't believe it really matters on "specific" roles that must be played by husband and wife. The roles the relationship defines as important need to be fulfilled, regardless who does it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have that in my single parent home growing up, and it was one of my dreams to create such a haven when I had children. My husband and I have done that and now we even work together from home. It is trying at times, but our relationship has never been so strong. Our trust in each other to fill our individual roles as well as our faith in God has seen our efforts bare the best fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure are coming up with a lot of the same words! :)

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete