Saturday, April 12, 2014

#AtoZChallenge - Knowledge and Proverbs 31



Knowledgable - possessing or exhibiting insight or understanding; intelligent, well-informed, perceptive, discerning.


10.  Who can find a virtuous woman?  For her price is far above rubies.

Most people would agree that acquiring knowledge is a good thing.  A person who puts that knowledge to good use is even better.  Life is education.  If we do not learn from our experiences, we cannot profit from them.  

16.  She considereth a field and buyeth it:  with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

In this example, the woman knows a little something about real estate - and presumably the wine business since she plants some grapes.  She was probably not born with this knowledge, she acquired it somewhere.  Maybe someone taught her.  Maybe her father and mother were vintners and she grew up with it.  Maybe she just listened in on people's conversations.  But somewhere, somehow she educated herself (or was taught), and she put that knowledge to good use.

I would love it if you would share with us something that you have learned and how you have put it to good use!


~~~oOo~~~

(thanks to Jeremy @ Being Retro for the original button design, to dictionary.com for the definitions, and to picmonkey.com for the ability to customize the graphics.)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I loved your customized K pic, LuAnn! Very Cool :)
    I was absolutely tech challenged regarding my blog. I was scared to change even the template on my earlier blogspot blog, thinking that all my earlier posts would vanish. I know, it sounds real dumb, as I type this :D But then, I read up the stuff on the net, experimented, asked a lot of questions and now I feel that I am fairly good at handling the tech challenges on my blog. My next aim is to get an in-depth knowledge on SEO. Though, I am able to manage to get the green dot which represents good SEO for a blogpost, but I'd like to learn more about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the shoutout on your post for "L", Shilpa! Extremely cool of you to highlight sister and brother A-to-Z-ers like that! And I'm with you on the SEO. I need a remedial class, I think! :O)

      Delete
  2. She probably knows a lot more than I do about growing stuff! I do good to grow weeds.
    I've been a musician for years, but always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. A few years ago, I began that journey, and now I play in a Christian band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I bet God is smiling that you saw your talent, worked to improve upon it and now share it with others, Alex! (My husband is having the same thing with a dulcimer. There's someone not too far from us that hand makes them!)

      Delete