Friday, April 4, 2014

#AtoZChallenge - Proverbs 31 and Dedication




Dedicated - wholly committed to something; set apart for a specific purpose.

~~~oOo~~~

18)  She perceiveth that her merchandise is good:  her candle goeth not out by night.

Cooking a meal takes effort; cooking 18,615 meals (3 meals a day x 365 days x 17 years) takes dedication.  Facing danger requires effort; facing danger every day for 730 days during a two-year deployment takes dedication.  Writing one blog post takes effort.  Writing a blog post starting with each letter of the alphabet during a single month takes dedication.

31)  Give her the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

When we put forth effort, we receive reward.  Maybe it is money; maybe it is satisfaction at a job well done or from making a difference.  One reward we get from dedication is reputation.  When one cooks a tasty meal, one hears, "That was a great meal!"  When one cooks 18,615 tasty meals, we hear, "You are a wonderful cook!"

Let us know in the comments one thing to which (or two whom) you are dedicated.  Thank you so much for your visit here today.  I appreciate your time, efforts and dedication.

(thanks to Jeremy @ Being Retro for the original button design, to dictionary.com for the definitions, and to picmonkey.com for the ability to customize the graphics.)

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes, it is all about dedication. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going! Agree, writing a blog post every day and visiting so many blogs is definitely or dedication towards our blog and blogging community! And we are proud of that! Arent we, LuAnn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang skippy, Shilpa! (meaning yes) I'm having trouble keeping up with comments and visits and responses and all, but I go on...because it is important. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I am dedicated to my family, dog (Duke) and writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choices, Scott. We have five dogs (Sneakers, Mac - short for MacIntosh, Houdini, Selena, and Dante). My husband calls Dante "Bob Jr" because it's obvious which dog was his daddy. :p

      Delete
  3. Your quotes are fabulous. Writing is in my soul,but what to write is a perennial question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my Back Porch, Usha! When I have trouble figuring out what to write, I make a "list of 100" ideas. Usually by the time I'm done with that, something will jump out and grab me and demand that I write about it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dedication goes hand in hand with perseverance. You've got to be focused and be patient too... it takes time to achieve your goals...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to cook, but I don't think I could do 3 meals a day, every day all year. I like a break and to have someone else cook for me every once in a while. LOL
    I think I'm pretty dedicated to my job. I feel bad if I don't do my best, even on days I wished I could have stayed in bed. (I also cook at my job, so that makes having someone else cook for me even nicer.)

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dedicated to my husband, my marriage, my children, homeschooling, and teaching my Sunday School class. But most of all I am dedicated to my Lord. :)

    TaMara
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete