Wednesday, April 16, 2014

#AtoZChallenge - Neatness and Proverbs 31



Neat - habitually pleasingly clean and orderly


29.  Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

I don't think most people set out to do a bad job, or to be mean, or to give up.  Maybe some do, but those are not the people about whom I am talking today.  I'm talking about those of us who try, but sometimes do not reach our goal.  Maybe we are looking sideways at what our friends or competitors do, or have, rather than looking up to see our God.  It is human nature to try to "keep up with the Jones's", but I submit that it is more important that we make the best us that we can.  We can't do that if our inside selves and outside surroundings are in disarray.

31.  Give her the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

There's a reason we wear our "Sunday best" to worship services.  There's a reason 'casual Fridays' usually don't include hole-y jeans.  There's a reason we don't take glamour portraits after a hard day's work in the garden.  Now there's nothing wrong with an honest day's labor, no matter if it shows up on "Top 10 Paying Jobs" lists or not.  

I remember a line from a movie, "Chariots of Fire", where a father is advising his son and says, "You can praise the Lord by peeling a spud, if you peel it to perfection".  Those of us who write (and that's all of us, isn't it?) - do we turn in manuscripts with misspellings and jam smudges on the pages?  Uh, I hope not.  We turn in our best work, because we want it judged on its merits, not the cosmetic aspects.

So, as I am a poster child for the domestically-differently-abled, today I am asking for your tips on how to be neat, orderly and organized!

~~~oOo~~~

(thanks to Jeremy @ Being Retro for the original button design, to dictionary.com for the definitions, and to picmonkey.com for the ability to customize the graphics.)

7 comments:

  1. I actually don't have a problem keeping things neat and orderly ... It's keeping things neat and orderly with little ones running around. But if there is a big mess, start with one area at a time, bird by bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right, David. I'm still recovering from having 5 dogs and 15, count 'em, FIFTEEN puppies until they found their forever homes. *whew* Great tip! One step at a time. Thanks, David!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had more tips for you. I tend to shoot from the hip, run several projects at the same time and somehow keep most of them pointed in the right direction. Once in a while I "list out" things, otherwise I teeter on the edge of disaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Dean! What matters is getting the important things done, right? Thank you so much for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I'm afraid I don't have any real tips, but I find I do better with a boring old list or rota - not that I stick to that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have children around the place and that makes things so much easier! I pick up things as I go, rather than letting them accumulate. I think that's half the battle.

    Shelley Munro

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're asking the wrong person... neatness and me are only distantly acquainted.

    ReplyDelete