Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Thursday Bookish Things & Reading Challenge Confession

  

Thanks to Tina at Mommynificent and Katherine at Katherine's Corner for hosting these wonderful link-ups!  Click on the buttons to see the other participants and link-up!


TT&HH is a meme hosted by Lexxie at (un)Conventional Book Reviews.  All y'all readers out there are welcome to share a food or drink related quote from a book you are reading or have read.  Click the button above to get the full details and to link up your post(s)!

~~~oOo~~~

I just finished reading Perception earlier this evening.  Here's a picture of the book cover (linked to GoodReads), the synopsis and my HH quote.


SYNOPSIS

The PERCEPTION series is a YA dystopian romance that takes place in the not too distant future. A world scarred by climate change, natural disasters and impending wars, a society where scientific breakthroughs cause class divisions. Zoe and Noah explore the differences that bring us together or tear us apart.

The first book of the PERCEPTION trilogy, 17year-old Zoe Vanderveen is a GAP—a genetically altered person. She lives with other equally beautiful people who have prolonged life-spans in the security of a walled city on the water. Tragedy tears Zoe from her perfect world when her brother Liam goes missing. It turns out that the only man who can help her, is the one who she should trust the least.

Noah Brody is a natural who lives on the Outside. He leads protests against the GAPs and detests their contributions to the increasing class gap. He doesn’t like girls like Zoe, and he has good reason not to trust her, but drawn by motives he doesn’t yet understand, he helps her take on the Outside.

~~~oOo~~~

HUNGRY HEARTS

The fish cooked on the fire, and it smelled terrific.

I was starving, and I was pretty sure Zoe must be, too.  I flipped the fillets over on the grill and thought about that last kiss.  It was different than the one Zoe had surprised me with that morning in the car.

I felt fairly certain it wasn't just a test for her anymore.  We were making progress.

I placed the food on plastic plates and offered her one before sitting down on the log near her.  The fire crackled, bright against the darkening sky.  The flames cast warm light against Zoe's skin.  I refrained from a sudden impulse to reach over and stroke her face.

"This is really good," she said after taking her first bite.  "Is there anything you can't do?"

"Besides stay away from you?"  I shook my head while taking another bite.  I was flirting with her and by the smile that formed on her face, I could tell she knew it.

"I have a surprise," I said.  "Marshmallows.  Not exactly creme brule, but it works for dessert."

I took the knife out of the backpack and chiseled off the end of a thin tree branch.  I pushed a marshmallow onto the tip and handed it to her.  Zoe placed it over the fire.

"Tell me stories," she said as she rotated the marshmallow.  Its white skin bubbled to a sugary brown.

"You mean scary campfire stories?"

"No, the stores."  She stared hard at me.  "Our stories.  Did we always like each other?"

I stoked the fire with my marshmallow stick.  "Not really.  We kind of grew on each other."

~~~oOo~~~

And the confession?

Hello, my name is LuAnn and I am a:

Reading Challenge Addict

Here's my (current so far) list as of yesterday:

7.  YA Reading Challenge
8.  Paranormal Reading Challenge
9.  Follow the Clues Mystery Reading Challenge
10.  Vintage Mystery Scavenger Hunt Reading Challenge
11.  Color Coded Reading Challenge
12.  Read One Million Pages (Perpetual) Reading Challenge
13.  European Reading Challenge
14.  BetterWorldBooks Reading Challenge
15.  Book Challenge by Erin
16.  Cloak and Dagger Reading Challenge
17.  Women Reading Challenge
18.  Purrfect Reading Challenge
19.  Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge
20.  Let's Read Indie Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds interesting! I work with middle schoolers and many are drawn to YA dystopian stories. I will need to check this out! Thanks!
    *visiting from #Booknificent Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Sister! There are some sophisticated topics (greed, telling lies, social inequality) but I have a 14 year old, and I would definitely let her read it. (And talk with her about it.)

      Delete
  2. I could really do with loosing myself in a good book at the moment! I need to find me some time.
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com! Always appreciate the shout-out!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete