Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday Books and Other Things


Thanks to The Purple Princess for hosting Teaser Tuesday at her blog, The Purple Booker.  Thanks to Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea for hosting FCFP.



Thanks to Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me for hosting this link-up!  (Actually, it's hosted on a baker's dozen or so of blogs, so I guess I'll have to rotate where the link goes each week.  That's actually a 'note to self' because sure as shootin' I'll forget.

~~~oOo~~~


This book (or series?) is rather interesting.  They call it a 'serial novel', published in eight novella length installments, and written by a total of 4 different authors!  Both quotes are from part 1.)


SYNOPSIS

FBI Special Agent Lara Grant thought that she'd put her past behind her--finally--with her last case. But now a serial bomber is targeting Manhattan's elite power players, offering them a choice between saving hundreds of lives or seeing their darkest secrets exposed. Lara is working with the Crisis Management Unit to stop the bomber, but how will she react when she's the one who has to choose between truth...or death? 

As the clock ticks down, Lara braces for another confrontation with evil. And no matter what, she'll make sure her enemy's first mistake is also his last...

~~~oOo~~~

(***FYI - the book quotes contain two mild instances of 'adult language'.  If this may offend you, please skip directly to the bottom for the 'Tuesday Talk' section.  In movie rating speak, it would probably get a PG or PG13.)  

TEASER TUESDAY

from ~location 604 on the Kindle:

He left the bathroom and noticed that her spare bedroom door was cracked open a bit.  He'd never been in there and had assumed she either used it as a workout room or a home office.  The door had always been completely closed before.  
Curious, he shoved the door open a little farther and then froze.
What in the hell?
His heart dropped to the floor as he stared around the room in disbelief....

~~~oOo~~~

FIRST CHAPTER, FIRST PARAGRAPH

From the prologue:

Dammit, he'd been so careful.  And now this.
From yourworstnightmare@nowhere.net
I know what you did with all that money.  I'll keep your secret but it will cost the lives of innocent people.  Or confess to the press and nobody gets hurt.  The choice is yours.  You have until noon tomorrow.

~~~oOo~~~

TUESDAY TALK


12 comments:

  1. Sounds right up my alley.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the series so far, Sherry. (I'm about to start book 3.) Good cliffhangers at the end of parts 1 and 2. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not in this story, Alice, but that would be nice to find, eh? :O)

      Delete
  3. How cool to read just a little snippet of different books- love that! :) thanks for linking up with Tuesday talk! When you enter your link on one of our blogs, it shows up on all our sites! So you don't have to worry about rotating :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feet are doing a happy dance below the table, Tina. I was just thinking if people followed the link from my blog, all the hosts etc would get a little blog love. But I guess they do anyway, eh? I appreciate your visit!

      Delete
  4. I've been trying to avoid series books lately but, I'm curious LouAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds tense — I'm in. Here's the link to my intro/teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1t1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost have to read this now! LOL What was in there!

    My TT from Heart Of Eve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely sounds like it could be a very interesting read! I haven't read too many serial novels. Maybe one or two...

    ReplyDelete