Monday, January 2, 2017

My 2017 European Reading Challenge Sign-Up Post


The 2017 European Reading Challenge is hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader.  Click the button to sign up and see other participants!

~~~oOo~~~

LEVELS

FIVE STAR (DELUXE ENTOURAGE): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.
FOUR STAR (HONEYMOONER): Read four qualifying books.
THREE STAR (BUSINESS TRAVELER): Read three qualifying books.
TWO STAR (ADVENTURER): Read two qualifying books.
ONE STAR (PENSIONE WEEKENDER): Read just one qualifying book.

I'm going to go for the 3-star (Business Traveler) with three books.

~~~oOo~~~

1.  Unknown to History: a story of the captivity of Mary of Scotland by Charlotte Mary Yonge.  (UK)

2.  Altdorf: The Forest Knights by JK Swift (Switzerland)
3.  Autumn in Verona by Holly Greene (Italy)

~~~oOo~~~

Also sharing today with:

     


   

Thanks to Stephanie of Tynga's Reviews, Kathryn at Book Date, Ramona at Create With Joy and Janice at Mostly Blogging for hosting these respective link-ups!  (Click on the buttons to go to the respective blogs.)


This puppy has been on my account since...(*serious face of shame*) August 13, 2013; but its 614 pages probably scared me.  It was first published in 1882.

That reminds me, I need to buy some more coffee....

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge! Wishing you the best of luck with it! I always love when I get books off my TBR list that have been there for ages. :)

    Happy 2017!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I should be on top of the world this year then, Jess, cause I have a BUNCH of them! *lol*

      Delete
  2. Love your word for 2017, "stretch"! And as a fellow audiophile, I'm astounded at your reading list!

    Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Wren, I am eager to 'spread my wings'. :)

    ReplyDelete