Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday Bookstuff/My 2017 Cruisin' thru the Cozies RC Sign-up

     


   

Thanks to Stephanie of Tynga's Reviews, Kathryn at Book Date, Ramona at Create With Joy and Janice at Mostly Blogging for hosting these respective link-ups!  (Click on the buttons to go to the respective blogs.)

~~~oOo~~~

STACKING THE SHELVES

I hope this week I've done a better job of sticking with the purpose of the link-up better.  I've decided to post one for each day of the last week, book name linked to GoodReads:

Sunday, 1 January - 25 Mysteries to Die For (anthology-various authors)
Monday, 2 January - Highland Fire: Guardians of the Stone #1 by Tanya Anne Crosby
Tuesday, 3 January - Craving: A Willow Creek Vampire by Stephanie Summers
Wednesday, 4 January - A Friend of Silence (Roger & Bess Mystery #1) by M. Lee Prescott
Thursday, 5 January - Zoey's Post It Notes by Jeff & Zoey Steiner
Friday, 6 January - (I MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN MY MORNING CUP OF COFFEE)
Saturday, 7 January - Carpe Bead'em by Tonya Kappes

~~~oOo~~~

IT'S MONDAY! WHAT ARE YOU READING


dystopian, post-apocalyptic, YA

I'm on page 27 of 188 and anticipate being done by the time Monday rolls around, and will probably be on to this one:


paranormal romance

As always, the covers link to GoodReads.

~~~oOo~~~

THE INSPIRE ME TWINS



~~~oOo~~~


Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge is hosted by Yvonne at the Socrates' Book Reviews blog.  Click on the button to go to the sign-up page.

Level one (Snoop) - Read one book in each of these cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)

- One from culinary (anything dealing with food:  restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from British cozy mysteries (example:  Belinda Lawrence series)
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice!  (freebie!)

Level two (Investigator) - Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) - Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) - Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)

I think I'll put in for Level two - Investigator.

MY BOOK LIST:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

QUESTION:

What book have you recommended most in the past?

(My Answer) - I don't know that I've 'formally recommended' any one book in the past, but The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck has been my favorite for years.


13 comments:

  1. Looks like we read some of the same genres but these books are not familiar. I'll be looking forward to your reviews. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Kathy, just when I start to feel somewhat well-read, I'll visit a blog off a book link-up and see how wrong I am! *lol*

      Delete
  2. What a cool challenge! I've not read a lot of mysteries in a long time, but I may need to change that! I'm currently reading The Dream House by Rachel Hoare - and one of my New Year Aspirations is to give myself more time to read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your cozies challenge. I am not a cozy reader but intend reading one or two this year just to work up to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of years ago, I had not read a YA book since, well, I was a YA (and that's a lot of years, let me tell you, Kathryn)! *lol* But there was a trilogy featuring some time-traveling, and I really liked the books!

      Delete
  4. Oh the cozies challenge looks like fun! I don't think I've read anything in any of those genres in a long time. The only animal books I've read are the ones I read to my five year old lol.

    Best of luck on your challenge and enjoy your new books! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* That does bring back memories, Tina. For Y.E.A.R.S. the only books I read were: a) for a class, or b) books for younger children (cause of the kids).

      Delete
  5. Love your Monday quote...thanks for sharing.

    I hope you are having a good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Elizabeth! I hope your week is going well, too!

      Delete
  6. Love cozies during the Fall/Winter months. I would say the most recommended books are from the Harry Potter series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of the Cruisin' thru the Cozies reading challenge! I used to read lots of cozies but not anymore. I might have to check this challenge out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a very nice community amongst cozy readers, too Fi!

      Delete