Thanks to Stephanie of Tynga's Reviews, Kathryn at Book Date, Ramona at Create With Joy and Janice at Mostly Blogging for hosting these respective link-ups! (Click on the buttons to go to the respective blogs.)
STACKING THE SHELVES
I hope this week I've done a better job of sticking with the purpose of the link-up better. I've decided to post one for each day of the last week, book name linked to GoodReads:
Sunday, 1 January - 25 Mysteries to Die For (anthology-various authors)
Monday, 2 January - Highland Fire: Guardians of the Stone #1 by Tanya Anne Crosby
Tuesday, 3 January - Craving: A Willow Creek Vampire by Stephanie Summers
Wednesday, 4 January - A Friend of Silence (Roger & Bess Mystery #1) by M. Lee Prescott
Thursday, 5 January - Zoey's Post It Notes by Jeff & Zoey Steiner
Friday, 6 January - (I MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN MY MORNING CUP OF COFFEE)
Saturday, 7 January - Carpe Bead'em by Tonya Kappes
IT'S MONDAY! WHAT ARE YOU READING
dystopian, post-apocalyptic, YA
I'm on page 27 of 188 and anticipate being done by the time Monday rolls around, and will probably be on to this one:
As always, the covers link to GoodReads.
THE INSPIRE ME TWINS
Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge is hosted by Yvonne at the Socrates' Book Reviews blog. Click on the button to go to the sign-up page.
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from British cozy mysteries (example: Belinda Lawrence series)
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)
Level two (Investigator) - Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) - Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) - Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)
I think I'll put in for Level two - Investigator.
MY BOOK LIST:
What book have you recommended most in the past?
(My Answer) - I don't know that I've 'formally recommended' any one book in the past, but The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck has been my favorite for years.