The Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge is hosted by the folks at NovelKnight. Click the button to go to the sign up page. Here are some bare bones details:
Whether you’re a casual reader looking to work on your TBR list with a bunch of people, or a competitive reader seeking a bit of extra motivation this year, Beat the Backlist is for you. Everything is optional and there are only 2 guidelines.
The idea here isn’t to make this a competition, but to help you shrink your TBR with a bunch of other people doing the same thing
And there is a NYC Public Library FULL of fun extras, with the proviso that you can do as much as you have time for, or as little as ... well ... you have time for. *lol* The idea is to get those old musty paged books off the shelf. In this day and age you could also say get those poor old files that thought they were buried so far in your digital jungle that even Indiana Jones couldn't find them out to the light of day!
(And yes, I have a vivid imagination. What can I say? I read.)
Anyway, my GoodReads Challenge is 52 books (1 per week), so I'll make that my goal number for this challenge as well. (I'll wind up reading more, of course, but I haven't had my coffee yet this morning and, well, picking a number out of a hat just seems like it requires too much brain power right now.) :p
I'm signing up for the Hogwarts Mini Challenge as well (you sign up for one of the houses and then get points for various bookish activities) - sounds like a LOT of fun!
And I'll participate in as many of the scavenger hunts, chats, etc. etc. etc. as I can ban the rest of the family off the computer for as well!
MY BOOK LIST
1. The Parting: The Courtship of Nellie Fisher by Beverly Lewis - July 20, 2015 - 352 pp
2. The Wave at Hanging Rock by Gregg Dunnett - December 17, 2016 - 362 pp
3. Unknown to History: a story of the Captivity of Mary of Scotland by Charlotte Mary Yonge - August 26, 2013 - 614 pp
4. Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer - September 10, 2013 - 212 pp
5. The Vampyre Legal Chronicles - Marcus by CC MacKenzie - October 26, 2016 - DNF at page 106
6. 40 Ways to Get Closer to God by Jerry MacGregor and Keri Wyatt Kent - October 10, 2016 - 195 pp
7. Perception by Lee Strauss - December 16, 2016 - 313 pp
(the above books were read prior to challenge sign-up *sigh*)
8. Altdorf: The Forest Knights by JK Swift - February 2, 2014 - 321 pp
Week Ending Saturday, January 14, 2017: