Thursday, April 16, 2015

#AtoZChallenge - All Gallow's Eve - N



NEWPORT AQUARIUM

According to the Newport Aquarium site, they were voted the #1 aquarium in the country.  It just doesn't say when.  I did not get to go on this trip that my husband, children and mother-in-law took, as I had to work.  There have been several occasions like that and on one occasion I got a tattoo on my right shoulder with my kids' initials and birthstone colors in hearts so I wouldn't miss them as much.  I'm glad the kids had a wonderful experience, but I have to admit to being a wee bit jealous at such times.


Even if you couldn't tell by the date on the photos, you could tell that these are *ahem* old pictures, because the kids here are the same ones in the cave pictures from yesterday.  Only they're more like young adults now.  Heck, the boys are old enough to drive!


Aside from the Louisville Zoo, and maybe Kentucky Kingdom (amusement park) I'd hazard a guess that the Newport Aquarium is probably the most visited family-oriented destination in the state.

I can see a school field-trip or two in All Gallow's Eve where "the poor ignorant country children are treated to the educational experiences available only in the big city".  At this point, I can hear DS2 (far right in the above picture) say, "do I notice a hint of sarcasm"?  Hmmm.  What do you think?

Ok.  I'll stop now.

~~~oOo~~~

Click on the sunflower graphic at the very top of this post to see the list of 2015 A to Z Challenge participants and visit their blogs to see what they are writing about this year!



5 comments:

  1. It is always fun to go to an aquarim with kids, especially if there are things they can touch :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, betty, very true. DH and I were at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium a few months before our oldest was born.

      Delete
  2. I'd be jealous if I was you too. I've been to a few aquariums and they are so much fun.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the weekend before the last full week of A to Z. You’re amazing for staying with us this long. Thanks for your commitment. You’re almost there. This event only happens once a year, so get ready for the home stretch!

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Cohost
    P is for Paranormal Vs. Supernatural

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still here, y'all. Had a rough couple of days. Will catch up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete