Saturday, April 9, 2016

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes = #atozchallenge


So, here we are at the end of the first full week of the 2016 A to Z Challenge (the 8th day).

Weekends are supposed to be fun, so I thought I'd pick a fun song for today, and it's also simple enough to get the A to Z 'Next Gen' involved!  So, without further ado, the song that I will be changing today is "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"



~~~oOo~~~

THE A TO Z MINI-WORKOUT
(all verses use the same basic tune)

Shrug your shoulders, blink your eyes,
Shrug your shoulders, blink your eyes,
(blink your ey-ey-ey-eyes)
Stand up, stretch your arms out wide
Shrug your shoulders, blink your eyes!

Turn your head to your left,
Turn your head to your right,
(to your ri-i-i-ight)
Squeeze those glutei real tight
Turn your head to the left and right!

Stand with your feet shoulder-wide, shoulder-wide
And bend your body to the side
(to the si-i-i-ide)
Bend it to the other side,
Stand with your feet shoulder-wide, shoulder-wide

Give yourself a pat on the back,
Give yourself a pat on the back,
(on the ba-a-a-ack)
Sit back down, and you will see,
Finishing that blog post is quite E-Z!

7 comments:

  1. A much needed workout!
    It seems like the challenge is starting to take its toll.
    Comments have already slowed down.
    Thank goodness for tomorrow when we have a day off...
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Michelle. I did so many comments the first week last year that I kind of burned out. Trying to pace myself this time around. Rock on. :O)

      Delete
  2. What a cute workout. I remember singing this song with my kids when they were little. I think it was from Blues Clues. Just dropped by from the challenge to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I appreciate your visit. :O) They sang it in my children's grade school programs back in the day.

      Delete
  3. And quite right to have some fun for the weekend. I should have learned this song before I did a reading at a library for pre-school children. Thanks for sharing LuAnn!
    Fran
    @FranClarkAuthor
    Writing Women’s Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece is going to love this song so much! I love it even more because it's so inclusive... Thank you for sharing it LuAnn.
    @freya3377 from Life as Freya - http://blog.fatema.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that sounds like something I need to do daily!

    ReplyDelete