Monday, April 4, 2016

Chicken Fried - #atozchallenge


Today's selection is "Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band.

Unfortunately, they have disabled embedding the video, but you can access it here (on YouTube).

~~~oOo~~~

My own lyrics to the song go something like this:

A TO Z

You know I like my A to Z
My three kids keepin' clear of me
My fingers race over the keys
And my music turned on.

Well, I had signed up
To do the A to Z,
now it's time you know
Making a post on my blog every day
'cept Sunday that's so

And my laptop's older than the hills
But it gets me through
To hit "send" at the end gives me thrills.

You know I like my A to Z
My three kids keepin' clear of me
My fingers race over the keys
And my music turned on.

Pretty soon the sun will rise
I rub the sleep out of both my eyes
Keepin' both them on the prize
Another post is done.

It's more fun when you visit other blogs
That means a lot
And leaving comments for the blogger
hits the spot.
There's no right or wrong, write a little song
whatever's in your heart

So if you are done, let's go have some fun
At the Thursday Twitter chats.

And I'll say I want my A to Z
My three kids keepin' clear of me
My fingers race over the keys
And my music turned on....

~~~oOo~~~

Many thanks to Jeremy at Hollywood Nuts! for the letter graphics.
Click on the main A to Z button at the top to go to the participant list!
If you follow me here or on social media, let me know so I can follow you back.  Let's DO THIS THING!


10 comments:

  1. Cute poem LuAnn, captures the feelings we all go through in this challenge :) good luck as you say your A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Piyush! That's exactly what I was aiming for!

      Delete
  2. I started listening not knowing what to expect LuAnn but I enjoyed it and by the end of the song I was tapping my toes. I did try to follow your lyrics, honest, but I couldn't keep up. :)
    BTW you should make a list of all your A to Z selections on youtube. Make them easier to find.
    @freya3377 from Life as Freya - http://blog.fatema.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great, idea, Freya. Maybe I could get a friend to accompany me on the guitar or dulcimer. But I love to sing. Thanks for trying some unfamiliar music!

      Delete
  3. I think your lyrics are great!!!

    Kathleen Valentine
    #AtoZchallenge http://www.kathleenvalentineblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy them, Kathleen. I'm having loads of fun making them up! :O)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! I figure if it gives me a chuckle, it might do the same for some other folks. (At least I hope so!)

      Delete
  5. Those are pretty nice lyrics. The original is nice too. Thank you for stopping by, happy A2Z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're getting better and better at this, LuAnn!
    Do I detect an album in the pipeline? You never know. Look at Weird Al Yankovic - he went on to make millions with his musical parodies...
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete