Thursday, January 2, 2014

Life's Little Pressure Cooker


NaBloPoMo January 2014

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY FEELING PRESSURE TO DO THAT YOU DON'T PARTICULARLY ENJOY?
Use the button above to connect with NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) on BlogHer!

This one is easy...so to speak.  

We are experiencing a end-of-the-old-year cash crunch and it looks like I will have to ask my brother for some money from our mother's estate, something I desperately do NOT want to do.  But it is the lesser of two evils.

Even though I've signed up for UMPTEEN reading challenges for 2014 and two month-long blogging link-ups, I don't feel pressure from those, despite my, oh, less-than-stellar record in that respect.  But then, I took more time beforehand to plan my 'attack' and I'm sure that helped.

I had been feeling pressure to do all the cooking around here.  Wierd, I know.  A wife and mother who, oh, is kitchen-differently-abled?  But hubster has cooked supper for the last two days.  Should I be worried?  *lol*

Enough about me.

Leave a comment (or a vent) about something you feel pressured to do that is not enjoyable.  Or a way you have dealt with pressure in the past that has worked for you.  

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I like you already!! I love reading as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, shucks, Melanie, thanks so much! You put a smile on this old girl's face. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on feeling pressured about cooking, LuAnn! My family eats out all the time and it is really affecting our health and finances. One of my resolutions is to eat healthier (as always :)), but we can't do that eating out. I want to focus on freezer cooking. I can cook some when I am in the mood and have it on hand on busy/ lazy nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh, Candace, we should do that here. We inherited a deep freeze from my husband's paternal grandmother. I swear that think is big enough to hold a couple of cows! Thanks for the reminder! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my pressure for cooking for the new year will start only next week when the parents go back after vacation.. all the pressure of handling child, husband, kitchen, laundry, and now the daily blogging amidst that will start then...lets see how far we can manage.. joined nablopomo this month for first time..

    ReplyDelete