Saturday, December 20, 2014

2015 New to You! Reading Challenge

New to You Reading Challenge

At the start of 2014, I re-introduced myself to reading for me - not children's books (for/to my kids), nor reading for a college course.  I could probably count on one hand the number of books I had read for me on one hand in the previous 10-15 years.  (I know, but I'm getting better.)

Nonetheless, I considered myself fairly well-read.  How wrong I was!  I've read probably close to 100 books in 2014 and all of them are new-to-me in some way - be it a new author, a new genre, etc. etc. etc.  And every time in 2014 I started to think I was more literarily (did I just make up another new word :p ?) plugged in, something new came slapped me upside the head.

I'm starting at level one, which means 6 'new to yous'.  (There are 6 additional levels, going all the way up to 100+ 'new to yous'.)  Hopefully, I'll keep on the ball with record keeping and be able to bump up my level at least once during 2015.

Click on that l'il button at the top of the post, head on over to visit Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup (host and her blog) to get all the 'Deets' and to sign up!

1.  A Grave Inheritance by Kari Edgren (new author)
2.  Death of a Dishonorable Gentleman by Tessa Arlen (new author)
3.  Dying Before "I Do" by Judy Fitzwater (new author)
4.  Devil in the Deadline by LynDee Walker (new author)
5.  Broken Trust by Thomas Maurin (new author)
6.  The Schwarzschild Radius by Gustavo Florentin (new author)
7.  MacDeath by Cindy Brown (new author)
7.

3 comments:

  1. Hey LuAnn! Thanks so much for joining in on the challenge! Hope you find some fabulous New To You-s in 2015 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome, Anna! BTW, Anna is my middle name (LuAnn is a nickname), and I l.o.v.e. the name of your blog! :O)

      Delete
    2. Aw thanks LuAnn! It totally fits me too. ::snort:: And yay another Anna! I'm technically an Annamarie (no middle name) but always go by Anna unless I'm in trouble with my mom who will still full name me from states away. lol

      Delete