Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My 2019 13 Ways of Looking at the Lifetime Reading Plan RC Signup



The 2019 Yearly Challenge (part of the 13 Ways of Looking at the Lifetime Reading Plan Perpetual Challenge) is hosted by Michelle at the Gather Together and Read blog.  Michelle took book lists from Jane Smiley's 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel (list has 110 books) and The New Lifetime Reading Plan by Clifton Fadiman and James S. Major (list has 390 books).

If you're like me, you see 390 books?  (Note to self:  BUY MORE COFFEE!)  That's why it's a perpetual challenge with no ending date.  The yearly challenge is for committing to the books from those lists that you are going to read that year.

Anyway, click the button up there to go to the sign-up page for full details, the two book lists, and join up while you are there!

The yearly challenge features the following levels:
Novice - 1-3 books
Eager Reader - 4-8 books
Buff - 9-13 books
Devotee - 14-18 books
Diehard Reader - 19+

Part of me wants to pick the novice level because I'm doing a number of challenges already in 2019.  But then, I'm doing a number of reading challenges already in 2019, so I ought to be able to fill up the "Buff Level" of 9-13 books.  (Bit o' Trivia: holding to that level, I would need 50 more years to read all of them.  I better get going!)

1. 
2. 
3. 
4. 
5. 
6. 
7. 
8. 
9. 
10. 
11. 
12. 
13. 

Book links will go to Goodreads once I figure out what classics I'll be reading this year.  Once my review goes up, the links will go to the reviews on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment