Monday, September 7, 2015

Childhood Snapshots - #septemberchallenge #NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo 
September 2015  Everyday Gyaan


Monday, September 7, 2015

Show us a picture of yourself from the first day of school as a child.

~~~oOo~~~

OK.  This one is not going to happen.

First of all, while there are numerous pictures around from when I was 5, I'm not at all sure there is a picture from my actual first day of 1st grade.  Secondly, any such pictures surviving the intervening decades are locked away in a storage space in Salt Lake City, where my brother stored the things from our mother's house that weren't given away, donated or trashed after the house was sold.  If I had thought about it soon enough, I could have asked him to send a picture or two, but speaking from experience it might have gotten here by Christmas.  I love my brother, and he just doesn't get in a big hurry about things.

There are a few pictures of me from the last couple of months, which is an oddity in itself, because I do not like to have my picture taken.  I saw a candid shot of me recently, taken on my husband's cell phone, and I literally burst into tears.  (Part of me doesn't want to admit that.  I don't want to be seen as weak, and I don't want peoples' pity.  I guess I'm trying to be transparent, maybe?)  Even though my weight has gone down, if the camera adds 10 pounds, most of the weight loss is negated.  My most common profile picture is from around the time my daughter was born - nearly 13 years ago now.  

This picture is about as close as we're going to get today:


As you can see, this picture is nearly 10 years old.  The children, of course, have changed tremendously.  I, however, look much the same, except for my hair is a lot shorter and grayer.

~~~oOo~~~

Do you like/mind having pictures of yourself taken?

9 comments:

  1. Now I'm dying to see a picture of you as a child and the latest one too, LuAnn. This reminds me that I have to get a new profile picture of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, crap, Corinne. I guess I'll have to find some now. :O)

      Delete
  2. Not anymore. I don't know the lady in the pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to meet you and your younguns. I'll have to find baby pictures of myself too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to joining your link up next Monday, Mary!

      Delete
  4. Ah, a shame about the childhood ones being so hard to reach! But this one I guess is good enough as well :) I have to say though, kids do grow up so fast DD:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia-Savannah! Every year on my oldest's birthday, I cannot help but think about the first time I saw him ... when they wheeled his little bassinet into my hospital room, and I thought, "NOW what am I supposed to do?" :p

      Delete
  5. Your kiddos look so happy to be together! I'm not a big fan of having my picture taken either, but it's something I'm trying to work through.

    ReplyDelete