Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday 56/Book Beginnings

http://www.fredasvoice.com/

The Friday 56 is a bookish meme, hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice.  It's Friday, let your hair down and play along by clicking on the logo at the top of this post!

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22591119-boy-and-the-travelling-cheese?ac=1
SYNOPSIS
 
A boy receives a very large parcel from his grandpa, and inside is the biggest cheese he has ever seen. The giant cheese soon attracts the attention of people from near and far who all want to taste it. Will the boy get to taste a teeny, tiny bit of his giant cheese before it all runs out?

My Friday 56 is taken from about 53 pct on the Kindle Reader:

"After the glitz and glamour of the red carpet even, the boy decided it was time to go home but he suddenly remembered something.

His Uncle Tony, who lived in the middle of the desert, wanted a teeny, tiny bit of his giant cheese, too.  The boy nearly forgot!"
I know, I know, a children's book (suitable for readers ages 3 and up)?  Well, it's a cute story, for one, and nice to read after so many books about how we adults mess up our world.  'Nuff said.

~~~oOo~~~

http://www.rosecityreader.com/

I don't think I've done a BBoF before, but saw it on Sherry's blog  Fundinmental.com and it looked like fun, so here I amClick the linkup button to join in the fun and find out what other folks are reading this week!  

Gilion, the hostess at Rose City Reader invites readers with:

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.  
  So here goes!

 
SYNOPSIS

Daphne Martin’s wedding to Ben Jacobs is only a couple of weeks away. An award-winning cake decorator, Daphne is busy designing their wedding cake. Her twin nephew and niece, Lucas and Leslie, are excited about being in the wedding party. And Daphne’s brother-in-law Jason is planning a bachelor party for Ben. Everything is going beautifully until Daphne’s ex-husband Todd shows up. Just released from prison after serving a sentence based on his shooting a gun at Daphne, Todd comes to Brea Ridge to profess his undying love for her.

Despite Daphne’s attempts to make Todd leave town, he insists on hanging around to reconnect with people he used to know. When he’s found murdered, Daphne finds herself at the center of the investigation. Now she must track down Todd’s killer before she becomes the next victim. Can she still make it to the church on time?
 
 
The beginning:

For what seemed like the millionth time, I sat at my computer, scrolling through images of wedding cakes.  I decorate cakes for a living, but this was my wedding cake.  And Ben's, of course.
I'll be posting my full review of Gayle Trent's book, Killer Wedding Cake, this coming Monday, and y'all are invited the the Back Porch to have a look see!

~~~oOo~~~

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today.  Which book grabs your attention more?  Let me know in the comments.  You can also check out more books at the other link-up participants by clicking on either of the relevant buttons above.  Have a great weekend! 

9 comments:

  1. Boy howdy do I understand enjoying the occasional children's book in order to avoid the sometimes depressing adult fiction. :-) This one sounds cute!

    My F56 is from a chapter children's book this week actually - though not as sweet as your cheese book. http://www.foofynotfoofy.com/foofynotfoofy/2015/8/7/the-friday-56-the-fairy-tale-detectives-by-michael-buckley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit, HeatherAnne! Not too many of us who capitalize letters in the middle of our names. :O)

      Delete
    2. And have to correct everyone's spelling. I get called Heather a lot as well. Groan. :-)

      Delete
  2. Both books look cute, but for obvious reasons I'd be more inclined to read Gayle's book.
    LOL
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda! Every once in a while I just get a wild hair and have to read a children's book!

      Delete
  3. Boy and the Traveling Cheese. No one gets my cheese unless I share it! LOL
    And I've had Gail Trent in my TBR for some time now. Looks like I need to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combination - children and cozy mystery. The Traveling Cheese title made me laugh. Thanks, Lu Ann, a chuckle is a good thing early in the morning. Mystery is a good thing any time. LOL Thanks for stopping in to fundinmental.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this book is good and fun.

    ENJOY...love the cover.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  6. That story looks so cute. What a fun cover as well. I think I am going to look for it to buy for a friends son. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete