Monday, March 4, 2013

Proverbs 31: 20 - 21

 Marriage Moment


Proverbs 31

20 - She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth out her hands to the needy.

21 - She is not afraid of the snow for her household:  for all her household are clothes with scarlet.

*+*+*+*+*

If every good thing we have is from God, then it falls to us to be His hands here when the less fortunate need assistance.  This does not mean that we put ourselves or our families in a difficult way by giving away all we have.  But it does mean that helping the less fortunate is an integral part of our salvation.  I've heard some people say that they don't want to give money to a homeless person because they'll probably use it for drugs or alcohol, that they don't deserve it.  If we all only got what we deserved ... well, we'd all be in deep, DEEP you-know-what.

A Proverbs 31 woman/wife is also prepared for the future, so doesn't worry that her family will be worse off due to some disaster.  Several years ago we had a really bad ice storm here.  Several counties were without power for weeks.  My husband's Mamaw has a wood stove to heat her home ... and we got to hang out with her for a couple of days, until ours came back.  Again, we are not required to provide for the future to the extent that we neglect our present.  But do we really need the newest electronics the minute they come out?  I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, either, just make sure you are prepared for the snow.

Now, for two of my goals:

Caring for self - I want to walk 30 minutes per day at least 3 days per week.

My idea here to have one of my kids come with me each day.  I have 3 kids, so DS1 (dear son 1) could come with me on Monday and Thursday, DS2 on Tuesday and Friday, and DD (dear daughter) on Wednesday and Saturday.  I'm 'surprising' them with this on Monday.

Caring for my children - I am going to teach my oldest son, aged 16, to drive.

A good first step for us would be to go to the DMV and get the Kentucky driver's manual, and go to a nice big parking lot for practice!  

At least I won't be short on things to pray about this week, eh? *ROFL*

Have a GREAT week, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I think those are worthy goals, LuAnn and will probably benefit you and your kids more than just physically. Thanks also for the challenge to be like the Proverbs 31 gal and giving to those less fortunate. It's something we all need to keep our eyes open to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Beth. And you're right. My 'spirits' always feel better after aerobic exercise.

    ReplyDelete