Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Blog Ahead Challenge 2015 Sign-up

Blog Ahead 2015

The next two sections are taken lock, stock and barrel from Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I am signing up only on the start date for the challenge and am trying to get this post up asap.  And I want to thank Ms. Caffeine and and Ms Herding Cats and Burning Soup for hosting this challenge!

Blog Ahead 2015
  • Purpose: Increase the number of scheduled blog posts you have ready to publish by 31 posts during the month of October. (You can set your own goal) All post will be scheduled from November 1st or later.
  • Who Can Join: Any blogger or author can join. Brand new, been around for years.Blogger, WordPress or other platform. Any heat level, genre or theme, etc. If you blog…you’re welcome to join!
  • Types of Posts that Count: Any finished posts count! Meme, review, guest post, interview, discussion. Top Ten Posts, Favorites posts, Shopping Guide Posts, Cooking posts, pet posts, photo posts, etc. Posts do NOT have to be book related.
  • Required: The post must be complete and scheduled from November 1, 2015 onward. (So not just blurb, buy links, etc for a review post. The review needs to be complete for the post to count.)
~~~oOo~~~ 
  • Create a blog post to keep track of your goals! Declare your intentions, so that others can cheer you on and help motivate you. Be sure to link back to to this post or our blogs.
  • Spread the Word–invite your friends/fellow bloggers!
  • Use hashtag #BlogAhead2015 to share your progress, connect with others and uplift. (optional)
  • Join the FB group! Need to squee about your progress or get a little moral support? We’re here! We’ll have tips and suggestions to help motivate you. Join: Blog Ahead Group Any problems joining? Email Me (optional)
  • Grab the Button and declare your intentions!
~~~oOo~~~

 OK.  This is me again, on the back porch.  I'm doing this challenge because I would LOVE to be ahead by a month's worth of posts!  I've usually got a couple scheduled posts ready to go, but more of this definitely sounds better.  And, we are going to Texas for at least a week around Thanksgiving, so it would help not to have to be making posts from the road.

So, my goal is 31 posts dated November 1, 2015, or later.

I've got 7 draft posts going as we write, but of course, draft is not the same as scheduled.  Most of these are book review posts and some I have not yet received the books, so those will have to wait until I do a bit of reading.

Since I only found out about this challenge (where the heck have I been?) within the last hour, I don't really know specifically what kind of posts will comprise my 31, but they will be by majority book reviews...maybe a couple of interviews or guests posts.  And since I'm in my pre-birthday reflective period (my birthday is tomorrow...OMG now I feel old! *lol*), I'm sure there will be some posts about what I've decided to work on in my life over the next year.

Heading out to spread the word, join the FB group and get a laundry out of the dryer!

~~~oOo~~~

Question:  Is posting ahead (scheduling posts) something you do already or something you would like to do?  Or are you a 'pantser', which is to say fly-by-the-seat-of-your pants and do you work better planning a basic structure and then writing posts as you go?

7 comments:

  1. I am a scheduler. I use to have 6-8 weeks posted ahead..but my grandbaby changed that and I am only 2 weeks and a few posts here or there ahead. Good luck to you LuAnn. I was delighted to see you joined!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6-8 WEEKS?!?!?! I am humbled in the presence of greatness, Kimba! :O) And grandbabies take precedence. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have a few drafts done. But in general, I don't like to schedule TOO far ahead. I like the reread my drafts a few times and edit as my thoughts evolve just before I post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like that, too, Kim. But at least in Blogger, I just go into the 'scheduled' post and make changes if need be.

      Delete
  3. I have always blogged ahead sometimes I have 6-8 weeks and sometimes it dwindles down to 15 days. Good luck LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. First. Happy late birthday! Hope you had a wonderful one. And yay for joining in! So excited to have ya as part of the challenge this year. Hope your posts are going well and you're having fun with them :) I'm a total scheduler. I used to finish post minutes before they went live and whew I couldn't keep that up long term. Scheduling was SO my friend. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting challenge! Good luck with it, LuAnn.

    ReplyDelete