Friday, January 28, 2011

Blog Hopping Weekend!




I'm kind of new to the world of blog hops, so when I found the "Fun Weekend Blog Hop" hosted by Raven of "Pumps, Pacifiers and the World" I had to get my hoppin' shoes on! WAHOO!

I've had 3 children and pumped for all of them. I nursed the first two. My daughter was born at 32 weeks and they tube fed her for a while...long enough so that she never took to nursing, but I still pumped, so she got breast milk. Her 8th birthday is next week...and she is VERY excited! *lol*

Like Joanna of "Figuring Out the Small Stuff", I hate having to give something a numerical rating as a measure of value. It rates right up there with the questions "Does this make me look fat?" and, "So what do you think of my new boyfriend?" ;)

Another new bloggy friend I made today is Jacqueline of "Chez Mukweto". Like me, she educates her children at home. She is also my new crafting idol.

I'm a bit jealous of MizReviewLady at "Mommy Reviews and More" because of her new socks. You'll have to visit her to find out why! *hahaha*

So...what's new in my life?

At the end of September, I was kicked in the knee at work (a residential/teaching facility for adults with MR/DD). A week ago Monday I finally had an operation and I'm recuperating from that. I'm sore and grouchy...but my family has been great, picking up the slack and all. A lady from church even brought over supper one day last week to help out.

So while the pain and lower income kind of, well, suck, I have had more time to spend with my family. I went to work the week after DD came home from the hospital and with one or two exceptions, I have been working since she was born and feel like I have missed so much. So this time is very, very precious to me.

3 comments:

  1. I am hopping over and hope you feel better soon.

    Take care,

    Clay

    http://tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/handling-failure.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you as well. Thank you for adding some wacky laws of Kentucky. They are funny. I would love to hear about more from other states as well. I am following you back from blog hop.
    Thanks!
    Renee
    http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your knee heals quickly and you're enjoying your little break and time with your family. (I'm following you back.)

    ReplyDelete