Tuesday, April 22, 2014

#AtoZChallenge - Success and Proverbs 31



Successful - having attained wealth, position, honors, or the like.

20.  She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

What better measure of success is there than when we can say, "You know what?  I have enough.  I am happy.  Let me help others find their miracle."  There are as many different roads to happiness as there are people:  a full belly, a pair of glasses, a well-timed hug, help mastering a subject or technique.  (Note to self:  A-Z Blessings would be a GREAT topic for the 2015 Blogging from A to Z Challenge!) :O)

28.  Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

OK.  Maybe this one isn't necessarily 'better' than the previous example, but it's pretty dang nice to receive kudos from those closest to us, be they family or friends (or associates).  Our first year in Kentucky, I worked four 10-hour night shifts a week during the Christmas season at the Amazon warehouse in Lexington.  When I came home (close to 7:00 AM) I could barely move.  But when I opened the door, my (then) 2 YO daughter would run through the house towards me, arms flung wide and shout, smiling, "MOMMY!"  I will have a tough time achieving more success than that.

~~~oOo~~~

(thanks to Jeremy @ Being Retro for the original button design, to dictionary.com for the definitions, and to picmonkey.com for the ability to customize the graphics.)

6 comments:

  1. Parenting is the toughest and most rewarding profession out there...and yet seems to be relegated as a chore, than the success as you have found. There is nothing like what you've described. My wish is more people find they have enough, they are successful where they are and find those precious moments meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success brings with it happiness, closeness to family and friends.Always be happy. God bless you Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Usha. You have brought a smile to my face!

      Delete
  3. I so liked this thought, "Let me help others find their miracle". They say, you have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you!! Thought provoking post, LuAnn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I look over my posts and (with inspiration from your great A to Z posts), try to find ways to not use so many words and still get the meaning across. You are doing superbly at A to Z!

      Delete