Wednesday, March 2, 2016

#ISWG - Insecure Writers' Support Group - March 2016


Rules (from the ISWG site):

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time.
~~~oOo~~~

I start out projects like gangbusters, but fizzle out before the end.  It's like I go through all the training for the Olympics and then stop just before the finish line.  Not all the time, of course, but often enough to be a cause of concern.

Someone in my area who knows my struggles, asked me to write a one-page 'story' and give it to her the next week.  I thought about it every day, but only forced myself to sit down two days before we were to meet again.  I wrote it in cursive, and my daughter complained that she could not read my handwriting.  (She should have seen my mother's...who wrote like a doctor.)  So I typed it to her in an email.

On the upside, a quote from my review of a recent read was featured in several other stops on the tour, so I gave myself a small 'woohoo' for that one.

Motivation has been harder than normal this week because between last Wednesday and Thursday we had to bury two family pets.

Chilihead was a kitten.  She used to stick her head into chili cans to get a little taste and because of her fur, had trouble getting the can off again, so she would twist and turn, and the effect was quite comical.  My daughter (12 yoa) found her.

Mac was born to another dog of ours, and was about four years old.  He was sick two days before (Tuesday), was ok on Wednesday, and woke me up at about 4am on Thursday.  Within about 10 minutes he was gone.  We are all stunned right now.

I've done some writing on the blog this last week and had better motivation.... for writing and just about everything else.  So that's another plus.

Take care, y'all, and happy writing! :O)


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your dog and cat! Pets are like family. It's crushing when they leave us.

    ReplyDelete