Thursday, March 24, 2016

Friday Bookish Post - March 25, 2016

    

Thanks to Freda from "Freda's Voice" and Gilion at "Rose City Reader" for hosting these bookish link-up!  Click one of the buttons to go to the link-up page.


SYNOPSIS

When Hayden Kent’s mentor and friend discovers her son Mike’s dead body, dressed in full scuba attire, washed up on Pigeon Key, she needs Hayden. Her paralegal and dive skills may help unravel the tragedy of Mike’s last days. He’d recently discovered a sunken Spanish galleon and rumors that he hit the mother lode ran through the Keys like wildfire.

Hayden’s dive on the treasure site uncovers gold, and clues that Mike’s death was something far more sinister than an accident. When two different wills, both signed the day Mike died, are delivered to the courthouse, the suspect list grows, as do the threats against her. The danger escalates as she tries to save herself, discover the motive, and find the killer.


BOOK BEGINNINGS

This is the book's second paragraph:

"Of all the mornings to be late.  I scooted past her into my office, dumped my burdens on one of the guest chairs, rounded my desk, and punched the button to activate my computer.  Our email program recorded all voicemails.  The computer was going through its usual beeps and boops when my boss and supervising attorney, Grant Huffman, pushed open my door, a pink message slip clutched in his hand.  He had his jacket off and the sleeves of his shirt cuffed back to just below the elbow.  I knew instantly something was wrong.  The light banter of questions about his weekend died on my lips."

FRIDAY 56

"Judge, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I have a few questions about a restraining order against my paralegal, Hayden Kent. .... Judge Rodriguez entered the order ex parte because Lisa said she felt threatened that you went to her house and her child was present."

NOTE:  I will review this book on the blog on Monday and you are all invited back!

~~~oOo~~~


Book Blogger Hop   

Thanks to Billy B at the "Coffee Addicted Writer" and Ramona at "Create With Joy" for hosting these link-ups!  Click on the buttons above to go to their blogs.


This week's question submitted by Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews:

How much of your day is devoted to your blog, and how much is devoted to reading? 

My Answer:

I am something of an introvert, so the solitary act of reading better suits my temperament than does blogging.  Part of me gets a little nervous when I think that there may be (hopefully) some (many?) reading what I write, and the "is it good enough" voice tries to speak up.  So it brings up a little anxiety for me actually, to hit the 'publish' button.

But I have tried, somewhat successfully, to try not to let anxiety or fear dictate my actions.  The greatest successes of my life have come when I was afraid or anxious, but did the event anyway.

So, that's my long-winded way of saying I spend more time reading than blogging ... maybe 2:1 reading:blogging, maybe a higher ratio.

~~~oOo~~~

Great News!

Extra special thanks to Ramona of "Create With Joy" for making me 'Friend of the Week' on her Friendship Friday Link-up!  I first started doing link-ups for the three that she hosts on her blog each week:  "Inspire Me Monday" (last Monday had 318 links), "Wordless Wednesday" (last Wednesday had 76 links) and "Friendship Friday" (221 links last week).  She works tirelessly on behalf of her blogging friends and I respect her enormously.

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by to say Hello from Friendship Friday Link Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely intrigued by the 56!! Sounds good and full of drama.
    I added you to the linky! Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda! My last weekend was a bit discombobulated and I was a little scatterbrained! :O)

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter LuAnn - congrats for being our Friend Of The Week at Friendship Friday - thank you for your kind words! :-)

    Be sure to join us at The Book Nook with all of your great reviews! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many, thanks, Ramona. I am fortunate to have 'found' you online!

      Delete