Monday, September 2, 2013

3 Cut Gifts



Cut flowers

I was in a play in high school called Lazarus Laughed.  It was about...(drum roll please)...Lazarus in the Bible.  One of my characters was Lazarus's mother, who was killed by Roman soldiers.  During one of the rehearsals, my Roman soldier missed the spot between my arm and my body and stuck me in my side.  To add to that, my father passed away at the age of 47 during the weeks of rehearsal.  On opening night, I got some anonymous flowers.  Whether it was from the son of a family friend, who was playing Caligula, or from the dude that "got me", I'll never know.  But they were so appreciated, then and now.  (And, in case you were wondering, I did a FABULOUS "death" in that particular rehearsal. *lol*)

Haircut

My family and I went to a local community help fair a couple of year ago at a nearby church.  One of the features was a free haircut.  We were able to get both the boys hair cut and my husband as well...at no cost, which was incredibly important at that time.  I will always be grateful to those two barbers who took care of "my boys".

Fresh-mown grass

There's just something about the smell of fresh-mown grass.  It practically shouts summer and easy living.  (Granted, I might not feel that way if I were the one doing the mowing...)

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for someone to send you flowers!! There are still people out there who do good without having to get the credit for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth, Jocelyn? And I thank God for each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete