Today's prompt: List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self if you could.
1. If you ever drive after drinking, or get into a vehicle where the driver is not sober, I will come back through time and slap you upside the head.
2. Brush your teeth.
3. Spend more time with your Dad. He's not going to be around much longer.
4. Your mother knows more than you think she does.
5. You are better at acting on stage than you think you are.
6. Don't be in a rush on tile floors when you've just come in from the rain. Your tailbone with thank you.
7. Don't walk down hills in flip flops. Take the stairs that are 10 feet away.
8. You are a daughter of God and He only makes the best.
9. The family you and I have without changes to the timeline are a pretty cool bunch.
10. Take more time to pray.
I think a lot of my issues here come down to time management.
The blog is coming along nicely. I had plenty of book reviews/tours last month to keep things hopping. Maybe a few too many. I put time and effort into the reviews and too much of a good thing...is not a good thing. It is also not doing the author/tour companies any favors if I am overbooked. And last, but definitely not least, I don't want to wear my readers out!
I'm involved in the BE Society June Challenge, where a prompt has been provided for each day. Thank goodness for the prompts. I'm also doing Writing 101 from Blogging University. In my first post, "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly", I confused the term free-writing with stream-of-consciousness writing. (I don't think I used (any or many) swear words in it, but be warned, it is not my usual 'style'.)
In May, I stated my intention to turn my 2014 A to Z posts (about Proverbs 31) into an e-book. I was using the "Weekend Writing Warriors" for some accountability, but totally spaced last week. Now I'm wondering if I have been adding all these challenges and activities with the blog to crowd out having to face the e-book issue. What am I afraid of? *sigh*
Well, at least I seem to have the insecurity part down pat! *lol*