My daughter, "T" (age 5), is a frequent visitor to my back porch. She is hungry for knowledge and rarely even slows the rate of her questioning the how's and why's of ... just about everything. Here are some things she has learned recently:
1. That pink umbrellas keep things off your head, like sunshine, rain, snow, leaves, bird poop, etc.
2. That trains heading south are going to Somerset and those going north are going to Stanford and that they most likely are doing that because they have to bring "stuff" to Walmart.
3. That they painted our car red to distinguish it from all the other Ford Escorts in the world.
4. That bubbles are classified by size ("wee, not-so-wee and frickin' HUGE") and shape - "snowmen" are two bubbles of different size stuck together.
5. That babies (herself included) are gifts from God.