Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday 56:


"The Friday 56" is a link-up hosted at Freda's Voice.

Rules: 
*Grab a book, any book.
 *Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
  *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you. 
*Post it. 
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

~~~oOo~~~



She huffed and waved her hands in the air.  "That's not what I signed up for, Ruby, I did not become Mrs. Tripp Wolcott Sullivan to be thrown out like hog slop and left on the side of the road."

~~~oOo~~~

So what do you think?  Did you like it?  Would you want to read the book?  Come back on Monday for my full review!

Also sharing with:


12 comments:

  1. I do want to know what led to that happening....thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “THE OLEANDER SISTERS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very surprising book, Laurel. Thanks for your visit! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Mrs. Sullivan came from humble beginnings and is motivated by more than love for her husband! The title makes me think of BDSM, unfortunately.
    My Friday post features Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did me, too, Sandra. But this was my 2nd 'don't judge a book by its cover' surprise!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely curious, what did they signed her up for? Gosh, the book title is inviting too! Thanks for sharing :)


    Here's mine:
    Sparrow’s BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Claudia, I think she signed up to be a wife, but she got more than she bargained for. Thanks for your visit! :O)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like her hubby needs an attitude adjustment...
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds hilarious but just the title is enough to make you pick it up and take a second look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Kristen. I enjoyed this book very much. Quirky and fun!

      Delete
  7. What a cool link up idea! You chose a great quote leaving us all wanting more, my friend :). Loved your review too! Looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace. It was a fun book to read! Thanks for your visit! :O)

      Delete