This is my usual (well, as usual as I get) day for a Thursday Thirteen list. But I just got tagged by my buddy Rose to follow a meme: 7 Random Things About Me. So I'm gonna write 13 things about me.
1. DS2 and DD are using me as base in a game of tag ... while I am trying to type this. :)
2. I gave myself a Colles' Fracture (not my x-ray) of my left wrist when I left the apartment one day about 10 years ago after arguing with DH. I went to a local park, walked down a grassy hill in flip flops (instead of taking the nice cement steps about 20 feet farther down the road) and slipped at the bottom, catching myself on my hands. I had barely enough presence of mind to ask directions to the nearest hospital, and enough stubbornness to drive myself there ... with my right hand, of course. I must have looked pretty pitiful because they didn't even do the "take a number" routine at the desk. Note to self: call husband BEFORE they give pain meds, should there ever be a next time.
3. The best acting performance I ever gave was as Winnie in Happy Days by Samuel Beckett. In the first act, I was buried up to my waist in a marvelously constructed imitation sand hill. (They had originally considered actually using sand and I thought, "What if I have to go to the bathroom during intermission?" The idea was discarded when it was reasoned that as Winnie is up to her neck in sand in the second act, this might make it difficult for me to breathe. There was one other character in the play, and I think he had 40 some odd words to say. The rest was me talking for about 1.5 hours. Oy!
4. My mother was born in Switzerland and my father was born in West Virginia. (Every time I say that I think of the line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "Your father was a hamster and your mother smelled of elderberries!" *LOL*)
5. DH and I met online in a role-playing game back in 1992.
6. The only US states I haven't visited are: Alaska, Oregon, Washington, North Dakota, South Dakota, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
7. Geez, if I'd've been thinking, I would have used each state from #6 as a separate thing! :p
8. DH just came home from fixing a satellite box and was standing in back of me rubbing my shoulders helping me with my list of states (I had left out Alaska and Connecticut). My right shoulder is now officially in pain.
9. I had my hair cut recently from backside length to chin length. This is what's known in my life as "getting a wild hair" about something.
10. I like ginger ale with so much ginger in it that it just about burns my throat while swallowing.
11. When I was 18 I wanted to get my hair corn-rowed. My mother called the department store where I had an appointment and told them not to do it. (It cost $100 and she didn't think this was a worthy use for my money.) I went home with my hair corn-rowed (about 94 braids, I think) and she didn't talk to me for days.
12. I met my first husband online as well and married him about 4 hours after we met in person for the first time.
I know, but I was younger and stupider then.
13. I am spiritual, but not particularly religious.
Okay, now on to the tagging business. I think I'm supposed to tag 7 people. Here goes in no particular order:
1. Kate at sweet | salty for her indomitable spirit!
2. Mir at Cornered Office, which is the current location of her blog "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda", due to hosting snafus!
3. Charlene at Crazed Parent, especially for her decorated deck of cards series!
4. Mace of MaceinSpace cause she is a totally cool person from "down under"!
5. CC on her journal at Maya's Mom, cause she is totally addicted to memes like me!
6. Joss on her journal at Maya's Mom, because she tells it like it is!
7. Jada at Scrappin' My Three, because that's the kind of memory-keeping mama I wish I was.
BTW, it's Thursday Thirteen's 118th Edition today!